27 Jun Grilled Fairy Tale Eggplant
They’re not only cute but nutritious and tasty as well! Many of the nutritional benefits gained from consuming eggplants are obtained from the skin of the vegetable. The skin provides a great amount of fiber, potassium, as well as vitamins C, K and B6.
Try this grilled fairy tale eggplant and tell us what you think!
- 1 lb. fairy tale eggplant, halved lengthwise, stems intact
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil; more for brushing
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire. Lightly season the cut halves of the eggplant with salt and let sit while the grill is heating.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, cook the oil and garlic over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the rosemary, and set aside.
- Brush the eggplant halves all over with some of the oil mixture. Place them on the grill grate cut side down. Grill, covered, until grill marks appear, 1 to 5 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip the eggplant and grill, covered, until completely tender, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Arrange cut side up on a serving platter. Whisk the lemon juice into the remaining oil mixture and drizzle over the eggplant. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and serve.
Let us know how it turns out! Share a picture of your dish on Facebook & Instagram and tell us how it is!
@New South Produce Coop