21 Jul Savory Peach Tart
(Recipe from Jennifer at Natural Things Foods Store)
Peaches do not seem to need a recipe. You just eat them! But I admit to enjoying with relish a good peach cobbler. We often only associate fruits with sweet desserts, but I wanted to create a savory one instead. Not that it doesn’t have its share of sweetness, but it is balanced with savory flavors, too. I make a version of this in the fall with figs, but peaches seemed perfect for a summer dish.
Savory Peach Tart
- 3 large peaches
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- handful of arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out thawed puff pastry sheet. Place into a shallow dish and press into the edges.
- Beat egg and brush liberally over the puff pastry. Sprinkle arugula leaves on top of egg.
- Peel and slice peaches into 1/4 inch slices. Lay over top of arugula leaves. Drizzle honey over the peaches (warm honey slightly if needed to get it flowing). Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
- Finely chop the fresh rosemary and sprinkle over the tart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Puff pastry will be golden brown and peaches will be tender. Cool slightly, but serve warm.